Privacy & Security Policy
CA Consumer Privacy Act
14-Day Close Disclaimer
Texas Recovery & Consumer Notice
Last modified: April 28, 2022
Monument Square Mortgage & Investments LLC ("Company", “our”, “us” or “we”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website tsmlending.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On this Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
· Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any requests through the Website, [use any of the interactive features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at Compliance@tsmlending.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, including name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
· That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes personal information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, applying for a loan, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your applications. You may be required to provide financial information as part of application for our services through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (tracking). We do not have any protocol that offers you the choice to opt-out of tracking. At present time, our website is unable to respond to “do not track” signals from your internet browser. if you have any questions regarding our tracking methods, please email us at Compliance@tsmlending.com.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account or application.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· To contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· As permitted by law.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing Your Information
You can review, update or change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may change, update or delete your information at any time prior to completing an application. Once the application is submitted, you will not be able to change any of the information online.
You may also send us an email at Compliance@TSMLending.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we are required to maintain this information by law or if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Residents of certain states, such as California and Nevada may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Right
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Compliance@tsmlending.com or write us at: Town Square Mortgage & Investments, LLC, Attn: Compliance Department, 17300 Dallas Parkway, Suite 1030, Dallas, Texas 75248.
We and other parties not affiliated with us may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Website or the services offered on our Website. We do not have any protocol that offers you the choice to opt-out of tracking. At present time, our website is unable to respond to “do not track” signals from your internet browser. if you have any questions regarding our tracking methods, please email us at Compliance@tsmlending.com.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: 888-244-6475. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and personal information will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We requires the use of passwords that meet minimum length and complexity requirements. Users are also required to change their passwords periodically. To protect against unauthorized access, accounts are locked after a number of unsuccessful login attempts.
If you are logged into your account on our Website and are inactive for a certain period of time, you will be automatically logged out. This is a security measure that reduces the risk of unauthorized access to your account or personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Email is normally not protected and may be intercepted and viewed by others. Therefore, you should refrain from sending any confidential information via unsecured email to us.
There are a number of precautions that you can take to protect your personal information:
· If you are using your personal computer, ensure that your operating system and antivirus software are up to date with the latest versions.
· Create strong, unique passwords for each online service that you use and change these passwords often.
· When you finish using our Website from a public computer, log out and clear the browser’s cache file.
· Stay vigilant for scams like “phishing” and never provide your login information in response to any email, physical mail or phone call that claims to be from our Company.
Calling us: 888-244-6475
Emailing us: Compliance@tsmlending.com
Sending us a letter to the address:
Town Square Mortgage & Investments, LLC
Attn: Compliance Department
17300 Dallas Parkway, Suite 1030
Dallas, Texas 75248
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us by email to: Compliance@tsmlending.com.
If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact us by email: Compliance@tsmlending.com, or by phone: 888-244-6475.